Tooth Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings, or white fillings, are used to repair decayed or fractured teeth and also to restore the color, shape and size of damaged teeth. The cosmetic usage of tooth-colored dental fillings is in repairing chipped teeth, closing gaps between the teeth and in making the teeth appear straighter.
The procedure of placing tooth-colored fillings on the teeth is fairly simple and non-invasive. Administration of anesthesia is only required if the tooth has decayed beneath the enamel layer and into the dentin. In such cases, the decay is removed and the tooth is cleaned and primed using a weak acid before putting in fillings. The primer opens the pores in the enamel and dentin. A bonding material is then made to flow through the pores and the filling material is placed in the tooth. After shaping, the filling material is cured using a special curing light. Once the filling hardens, we will check your bite and smoothen and polish the tooth to make it look natural.
Advantages Of Tooth-Colored Fillings
- They make the teeth look natural as they are of made of the same color as one’s teeth.
- The placement of white fillings can restore the strength of the tooth structure by 85% to 95%.
- Tooth-colored fillings are chemically bonded to the tooth structure and therefore they do not require pins, grooves or slots to be placed in a healthy tooth to retain them mechanically.
- They can be repaired easily if they get damaged.
- They cause minimal tooth sensitivity.
- They can be used on back and front teeth without compromising the esthetics of teeth.
- Tooth-colored fillings can harden in seconds instead of days required by fillings made using other materials.
If you wish to get tooth-colored fillings to restore the beauty and function of your teeth, contact Dental Crown in an Hour. We are located at:
Naples: 9960 Business Circle Unit # 14 Naples, FL 34112 (239) 330-3842
Fort Myers: 16960 Alico Mission Way Ste 100-101 Fort Myers, FL 33908 (239) 322-3473